Academic excellence is recognized and encouraged at SJHS.
- The U.S. Department of Education named Saint Joseph High School a 2002 Blue Ribbon School of Excellence.
- The school is fully accredited through June 2016 by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) and the Western Catholic Education Association (WCEA).
- Saint Joseph High School offers 87 courses to students over their four years of attendance.
- Advanced Placement courses are available in Art History, Biology, Calculus AB, Drawing and Painting, English Language, English Literature and Composition, Environmental Science, French,
US Government, Psychology, Spanish Language, Spanish Literature, Statistics, US History and World History.
- Saint Joseph High School offers honors classes at every grade level. Students may also participate in:
National Merit Scholarship Competition; California Scholarship Federation (CSF) (CSF Constitution:PDF download
National Honor Society (SJHS - NHS Bylaws: PDF downlod
National French Honor Society (Download PDF Bylaws
National Italian Honor Society (Download PDF Bylaws
National English Honor Society (Download PDF Bylaws
- On average, 98% percent of graduates are accepted at the college of their choice.