The purpose of Campus Ministry at Saint Joseph High School is to facilitate faith development within the school community and to help each individual take personal responsibility for her own faith. To realize this goal, the Campus Ministry team collaborates with our school’s chaplains, religious, and lay members of our school community and the Department of Religious Studies.
The Campus Ministry Team encourages the pastoral, spiritual and moral development of each student on campus. In partnership with the administration, faculty, staff, and students, we endeavor to continue the mission and message of Jesus by creating opportunities for students to experience daily living in a faith community, develop a faith commitment and encourage a desire to serve others.
Campus Ministry plans and manages the following events and activities:
- Weekly Mass in the Chapel
- School-wide liturgical celebrations and prayer services
- Eucharistic Adoration (offered once a month)
- Playing of the Rosary during May and October
- Training for retreat leaders
- Facilitates ministerial training (i.e. Eucharistic ministry and altar serving).
The CSJ Circle is the student ministry team for Saint Joseph High School. As an organization, our focus is making Jesus' presence known to our community by leading morning prayer, planning class retreats, and planning school liturgies. As a group, we organize prayer services and host school-wide Christian service projects in which all students may participate. We also meet weekly to plan upcoming events; we gather in prayer and reflection to continue the development of our spiritual relationship with God.
The CSJ Circle youth ministers lead their peers in living out the charism of the Sisters of Saint Joseph of Carondelet:
- To become all of which woman is capable
- To serve the global community with a spirit of excellence tempered by gentleness, peace, and joy
- To build Christ's kingdom of justice through unity and reconciliation
- To provide service to the dear neighbor, without distinction